Sunday, April 4, 2010

How do I know that "Date Night" will be terrible?

When a movie's posters show a vague title with nothing but the faces of the costars, you know the movie will suck. If it didn't suck they would give you some image from the movie, or a tagline to show it's style. "Date Night" has neither. The posters are just Tina Fey and Steve Carell looking haggard. They're trying to sell you on these hilarious people's reputations alone.
And I know what you're thinking. Tina Fey would never do a crap movie! Right? Wrong. That's exactly what they want you to think. In fact, that's what they're counting on.
Where's my Proof? "Seven Pounds."
A little film starring Will Smith that was nonsensical and awful; And what was the poster for it? Will Smith's face. A big close up of Will Smith's face.
So don't be tricked by "Date Night."
Or go see it anyway. I just love that Tina Fey and Steve Carell. Those kids are going places.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Dear Andrew Answers,

DId you ever hear of the saying "Don't judge a book, Buy it's cover!" We're living in an economy, Andrew Answers, a MANcession, if you will, where we don't have the resources to put together "Quotes from the movie" "Hilarious taglines" and "Images that show you how funny things are." We all gave to cut back. I, for instance, am no longer bathing.
My point is, all I need is Tina Fey and Steve Carell for 90 minutes. Even if--no, Especially When it's terrible. You know why? Because I'm an American.
So when are we seeing it, next tuesday? I got nothing next tuesday.
Sincerely,
Daniel's Demands